Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: No more Michael Scott...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy No more Michael Scott...

    It looks like Dunder Mifflin will indeed be Scott-free this time next year.

    Steve Carell is reaffirming his desire to leave The Office and his role as Michael Scott at the end of the hitcom?s upcoming seventh season. ?I think [season] 7 will be my last year,? he told us over the weekend at the premiere of his new animated flick, Despicable Me. ?I want to fulfill my contract. I think it?s a good time to move on.?

    Asked if there?s anything that could change his mind, Carell said, ?No. I just want to spend more time with my family.?

    Back in April, Carell made headlines when he announced in a BBC radio interview that next season ?would probably? be his last on The Office. And he?s not backtracking! (Reporting by Jace Brittain)

    Steve Carell on 'Office' exit: 'It's a good time to move on' | Ausiello | EW.com

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    Does it make it more than one season after he's gone?
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    Does it make it more than one season after he's gone?
    I dont see it. No Michael Scott no Office. Scott to me is The Office.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    I think they might try to milk the jim/pam thing out for another season, maybe, not saying it'll be successful but NBC knows The Office is a gem and they put out a lot of **** that is over a couple episodes in. But they might just end it when he goes, I don't know how they could keep it going, there's no one that can carry that show. If they do decide to keep it going, how are they going to send Michael off...fire him? Him quitting? Just wondering what events will lead up to him leaving in whichever way if they decide to carry on.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    Does it make it more than one season after he's gone?

    No.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    Maybe Gervais is his replacement? That could be a good angle to keep it going. (Thats what she said)
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Inactive Member buckeye_fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2006
    Posts
    1,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Maybe Gervais is his replacement? That could be a good angle to keep it going. (Thats what she said)
    I actually like this idea.
    [I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: No more Michael Scott...

    That's a really good idea, didn't even cross my mind, I love Gervais. I don't see him fitting in with the cast though IMO, hope I'm wrong, but just think that for some reason. But if that were to happen and it go on, who else would leave the show? I would think with Carell going, some others would leave with him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •